When you’re looking for a backup generator, you want one that is both reliable and portable. The best dual fuel portable generators are able to run on either gasoline or propane, giving you the flexibility to use whatever fuel is available.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a dual fuel portable generator. First, you’ll want to consider the power output you need. If you’re just looking for a backup for your home, a smaller generator will suffice. However, if you need to power a large appliance or multiple devices, you’ll need a more powerful generator.
You’ll also want to think about the fuel economy of the generator. Some generators are more efficient than others, so you’ll want to choose one that will save you money in the long run.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure the generator is easy to use and maintain. The last thing you want is to be stuck with a generator that is difficult to operate or keep running.
There are a lot of great dual fuel portable generators on the market, so take your time to find the one that is right for you.
There are a lot of different products on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together a Top 10 list of best dual fuel portable generators 2020
List of 10 best dual fuel portable generators 2020
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- 11,000 BTU omni-directional radiant heat
- High wind resistance technology
- Variable output control for efficient fuel consumption (8,000-11,000 BTU)
- Patented overheat safety shut down technology
- Integrated heater and accessory controls
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year warranty
- MORE POWER. SAME LEGENDARY QUALITY. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- CO-MINDER - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- HONDA MY GENERATOR APP + BLUETOOTH CAPABILITY - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless start/stop, operation monitoring.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE RELIABILITY - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.
- VERSATILE OUTLETS CHARGE UP TO 9 DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME: Pushing 100 Rated Watts and 150 Peak Watts Through (2) 120V Household Outlets, (2) USB Ports, (1) Quick Charge USB Port, (1) USB-C Port, (3) 6mm 9-12V DC Outlets - Strong Enough to Easily Power a 36" LED TV, Box Fans, or Heated Blankets.Low voltage protection, short circuit protection, and overload protection protects the battery and connected devices to ensure peace of mind and reliability
- HOURS & HOURS OF POWER ON A SINGLE CHARGE: 155 Watt-Hours of Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity - Provides Long-Lasting Power That Charges Smartphones Up To 17 Times, Tablets Up to 9 Times, DSLR Cameras Up To 16 times, Drones Up To 23 Times - Delivers Hours of Power for a Nintendo Switch, Bluetooth Speakers, and GPS Systems
- SMALLEST, LIGHTEST PORTABLE POWER STATION IN ITS CLASS: At 3.75 lb. the iGen160s Is Lighter Than a Full 36 oz. Yeti Rambler and Smaller Than a Lunchbox - Backpack Ready Mini Generator With a Convenient Carrying Handle and Built-in Flashlight and Reading Lights - Perfect Compact Charging Station for Camping and Other Outdoor Activities
- CHARGES AT HOME, ON THE GO, OR IN THE FIELD: Charges to 80% in Less Than 6 Hours Using a Household Outlet or in Less Than 7 Hours in the Car or With a Solar Panel (Panel Not Included)
- ECO-FRIENDLY POWER GENERATOR: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint for More Sustainable Lifestyle - No Obnoxious Fumes, No Messy Maintenance, No Noise Pollution - Whisper Quiet Indoor and Outdoor Generator
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage - 13,000., Running Wattage - 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V - 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V - 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load - 17., Runtime at 50% Load - 8With Propane : Peak Wattage - 12,350., Running Wattage - 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V - 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V - 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load - 13., Runtime at 50% Load - 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Low Oil Shutoff
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- Produces 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of clean and safe power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Complete with A-iPower’s “Low idle” technology for an extended run time of 4 hours at 100% load and 7 hours at 50% load
- Equipped with a low oil alert light and low oil automatic shutdown, helping keep your generator performing year after year
- Powerful 80cc OHV 4-Stroke engine provides an abundant power supply yet runs at a super quiet operation of only 52 decibels
- Light weight and compact at only 46 pounds, making your tailgate or camping experience as smooth as possible
- DUAL FUEL: Operate your 4500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (10W-30 oil included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- ELECTRIC START: Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot
- QUIET OPERATION: 61 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 4500 starting watts and 3500 running watts with up to 14 hours run time on gasoline
- CLEAN POWER: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
What is best dual fuel portable generators 2020
There are many reasons to own a portable generator. Perhaps you live in an area where power outages are common, or maybe you need a backup power source for your business. Whatever the reason, a portable generator can be a lifesaver.
When shopping for a portable generator, you have many options to choose from. One important decision is whether to choose a gas or diesel model. Each type of generator has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Gas generators are typically less expensive than diesel models. They’re also easier to find and usually have a shorter lead time for delivery. However, gas generators can be more difficult to operate and require more maintenance.
Diesel generators are usually more expensive than gas models, but they’re more efficient and require less maintenance. Diesel generators also tend to be more durable and have a longer lifespan.
When choosing a portable generator, it’s important to consider your needs and budget. Gas generators are a good choice for those who need a portable generator on a budget. Diesel generators are a good choice for those who need a more durable and efficient generator.
How to choose best dual fuel portable generators 2020
There are a lot of portable generators on the market that run on dual fuel. So, how do you choose the best one for your needs? Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
1. What types of fuel does the generator use?
2. How much power does the generator output?
3. What is the fuel efficiency of the generator?
4. What is the warranty on the generator?
5. How easy is the generator to use?
6. How portable is the generator?
7. What is the price of the generator?
8. What are the reviews of the generator?
9. What accessories does the generator come with?
10. What company makes the generator?
These are just a few things to keep in mind when choosing a dual fuel portable generator. By taking the time to consider your needs and doing some research, you can find the perfect generator for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best dual fuel portable generator 2020?
The best dual fuel portable generator 2020 is the Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel Generator. It is a powerful generator that can run on either gasoline or propane, making it a great choice for emergency power. It has a runtime of up to 7 hours on a full tank of gas, and features a number of safety features, including an automatic shut-off switch.
What are the benefits of a dual fuel portable generator?
A dual fuel portable generator offers the convenience of being able to run on two different types of fuel, making it a great choice for emergency power. It also has a longer runtime than a single fuel generator, making it a better choice for extended power outages.
What are the disadvantages of a dual fuel portable generator?
The main disadvantage of a dual fuel portable generator is that it is more expensive than a single fuel generator. Additionally, it can be more difficult to find replacement parts for a dual fuel generator.
What is the best way to use a dual fuel portable generator?
The best way to use a dual fuel portable generator is to first determine what your power needs are. Once you know how much power you need, you can choose the fuel type that will be most efficient for your needs. For example, if you only need a few hours of power, running the generator on gasoline may be the best option. However, if you need extended power, running the generator on propane may be a better choice.
What are some safety tips for using a dual fuel portable generator?
Some safety tips for using a dual fuel portable generator include always following the manufacturer’s instructions, never running the generator indoors, and keeping the generator in a well-ventilated area. Additionally, you should never try to repair the generator yourself, and always contact a qualified technician if you have any problems.
There are a lot of different portable generators on the market, but finding the best one can be a challenge. There are a few things to consider when choosing a portable generator, such as fuel type, power output, and portability.
Dual fuel portable generators are a great option because they can run on either gasoline or propane. This gives you the flexibility to use whichever fuel is more readily available or less expensive.
The power output of a generator is measured in watts. The higher the wattage, the more powerful the generator. When choosing a generator, you’ll need to decide how much power you need.
Portability is another important consideration. Some generators are designed to be easily carried, while others are meant to be stationary. Choose a generator that will be easy for you to move around, depending on your needs.
The best dual fuel portable generators are powerful, efficient, and easy to use. Consider your needs when choosing a generator to find the best option for you.