A dual fuel portable generator is a type of generator that can run on either gasoline or propane. This makes it a versatile option for powering your home or business in the event of a power outage.
Dual fuel portable generators are typically more expensive than single fuel generators, but they offer the benefit of being able to use either type of fuel, depending on what is available.
If you are considering a dual fuel portable generator for your backup power needs, be sure to do your research to find the best model for your needs.
There are a lot of different products on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together a Top 10 list of dual fuel portable generators
List of 10 dual fuel portable generators
- DEWALT 20V Battery XR Lithium Ion pack provides up to 60% more capacity than standard 20V MAX battery pack (DCB200)
- 3-LED Fuel Gauge of DEWALT battery allows immediate feedback on state of charge
- No memory and virtually no self-discharge for maximum productivity and less downtime
- Lightweight at 1.4 lbs and compatible with entire line of 20V MAX tools
- 【UPGRADE QDSP TECHNOLOGY】 With the same battery capacity, our new Quick Discharge Start Power jump starter has 3-5 times enhanced current compare to the old 2nd generation. At the same time, It could balance the temperature by reducing start-up the temperature by disruptive innovation of battery/assembly structure to keep a safe start.
- 【SUPER CAPACITY AND PEAK】: Car jump starter can jump start your vehicle (up to 7.5L gas or 6.5L diesel engine) up to 20 times with 2000-amp of peak current and heavy-duty clamps and cables. Also, our battery starter could start trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, lawnmowers, and yachts up in a few minutes, even in extreme temperatures (-4°F~140°F).
- 【IMPROVED SAFETY TECHNOLOGY】Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Particularly spark-proof, reverse polarity protection, over-current protection, high-temperature protection, over-load protection. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery. The specially designed indicator notifies you of incorrect use with an audible buzz and flashing lights.
- 【PORTABLE EMERGENCY POWER BANK】 Designed with 2 USB outputs (5V/3A)and (5V/2.1A), the quick charge 3.0 USB port can fully charge your cellphones, tablets, and other mobile devices at the fastest speed possible.【LED FLASHLIGHT】The LED work light has 3 modes: Flash Light, Strobe Light, and SOS Light. This multi-purpose flashlight is great for camping, outdoors, indoors, emergencies, travel, etc.
- 【IN THE BOX 】Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, USB Type-C Charging Cable, User manual, Delicate Carrying Case, 15W Adaptor
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
- Keep your family safe with this 2-pack of easy to use, battery operated carbon monoxide alarms; Battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there's a power failure
- Features an advanced electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that accurately detects carbon monoxide levels, no matter where the detector is placed in the room
- A loud 85-decibel alarm sounds when CO levels reach dangerous levels
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- 5-year limited warranty; Equipped with end-of-life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety
- Set of 2. Compatible with all appliances with a QCC1 / type1 connection and up 5 lb to 40 lb propane tanks.
- Long lasting high quality material provides secure, air-tight connection between propane tank
- Monitors fuel level without removing the tank. Color coded dial for allowing you to see at a glance when your propane level is low
- This propane tank gas gauge can be worked with propane tank cylinders, propane regulator with hose and propane adapter
- No tools required and easy to install with handheel grip for tightening. Great for using gas grill, heater, smoker, camp stove, lantern, tabletop grill, fire pit table, turkey fryer and more propane appliances
- Filling/Extracting Pump is designed to remove and fill brake fluid, anti-freeze, gear oil, power steering fluid and more.
- The pump includes two a 7-Inch by 1/4-Inch (outer diameter) hose extension for deep reach and small diameter applications, locking cap on end of hose and a 7.5-Inch/19-Centimeter clear hose.
- The hose attaches to quick-connect on the cylinder. Double seals for brake fluid and anti-freeze, assembled on the plunger.
- Heavy-duty construction allows for strength and durability.
- Capacity: 200ML/0.21QT/7OZ.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- DEWALT USB charger is durable enough to withstand job-site abuse
- Charge up to 2 small USB compatible electronic devices on/at the job site off your 12V or 20V MAX* Batteries when AC power is not available
- Allows you to work with all DEWALT slide style battery packs
- Indicates when unit is powered on and ready to charge devices
- Similar to a fuel gauge, it indicates the amount of power remaining in the battery
- 8-IN-1 MULTI-FUNCTION - AstroAI Lithium jump starter is integrated with 8 functions. It's a car jump starter, portable 18000mAh power bank, compass, LED emergency torch with 4 modes (flashlight, strobe, SOS, red warning), and 12V DC auto accessories powered device. The 8-in-1 multi-function road trip kit is a must for outdoors.
- START FULLY DRAINED BATTERY - Built-in 2000A peak current start the 7.0L gas engine/3.0L diesel engine and any 12V vehicles within 30s. The car battery jump starter will detect vehicles' voltage automatically, when the voltage is less than 9v, the jump starter will beeping intermittently and the screen of the jump starter battery pack will display "PRESS BOOST BUTTON" to enter 30 seconds manual override mode to start your fully drained batteries. BOOST BUTTON only be pressed when fully drained.
- PORTABLE POWER BANK - 18000mAh larger capacity car starter jumper power bank is equipped with 3 output ports (USB 3.0 5V/3A OR 9V/2A, USB 2.0 5V/2.4A, DC 12V10A). The extra USB 3.0 high-speed output port makes charging for your phones, smartwatches, tablets, and other devices easier and faster. The DC 12V10A output port can recharge your car refrigerator, car vacuum cleaner, tire inflators, air compressor etc.(Cigarettes adapter and charging cable are included)
- VISIBLE 2" LCD DISPLAY - Compared with traditional portable jump starters with indicators only, AstroAI visible 2" LCD portable car jump starter clearly displays all the information you need. When you have drained batteries on a road trip, you don't have to guess by the indicators anxiously or wait hours for AAA/someone for help on desolated interstates. Just follow the instructive steps on the LCD display to save yourself clearer and easier!
- ADVANCED PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY - The portable Lithium jump starter car battery cables are constructed with all-metal clamps to prevent breakage caused by long-term use. And it also has 8 protections, including reverse polarity, reverse connection, over current, over voltage, overload, over-charge, over-discharge, short circuit. All the protections make yourself and your loved ones safe.
- Powerful And Reliable Car Battery Jump Starter - With a 4000A peak current, it can start all gasoline engines and diesel engines up to 10.0L in just a few minutes. This includes cars, motorcycles, pickup trucks, RVs, tractors, trucks, cargo vans, ATVs, snowmobiles, yachts and many more.
- High Capacity Portable Charger - The GP4000 portable car battery jump starter is equipped with dual USB charging output ports (one compatible with fast charging) and a USB Type-C charging port (5V/3A). You can use it to charge other devices or recharge the Jump Starter itself. It can be taken anywhere and can quickly charge numerous portable devices, such as smartphones, tablets, cameras, GPS systems, and more.
- Emergency Life Saver – The GOOLOO GP4000 portable car battery jump starter can jump start vehicles in a matter of seconds so that you aren’t stranded and unsafe for longer than needed. A full charge can boost most vehicles over 60 times!
- Safety & Quality Metal Clamps - Built-in 10 types of protection, free your worries of misuse and sparks. We wanted to make sure our users feel 100% safe when using our product. The GOOLOO GP4000 Smart Jumper Cable is constructed with all-metal clamps to prevent damage caused by long-term use.
- Rugged 12V Car Jump Starter - The hardened plastic and rubber corners make sure the starter can withstand drops without any problem. A built-in flashlight can assist you in vehicle emergencies at night.
What is dual fuel portable generators
Portable generators that can run on two types of fuel are called dual fuel portable generators. These units offer the convenience of being able to use either gasoline or propane, depending on what is available or what is cheaper at the time.
Propane is a clean-burning fuel that is non-toxic and non-spilling, so it is safer to use than gasoline. It is also more efficient, so a dual fuel portable generator that uses propane will run longer on a tank of fuel than one that uses gasoline.
The downside to propane is that it can be more expensive than gasoline, and it can be difficult to find in some areas. If you plan to use a dual fuel portable generator in an area where propane is not readily available, you will need to make sure you have enough gasoline on hand to keep the unit running.
Overall, dual fuel portable generators offer the best of both worlds – the convenience of running on two types of fuel, and the efficiency and safety of propane. If you are looking for a portable generator to take with you on camping trips or to have on hand in case of a power outage, a dual fuel unit is a good option to consider.
How to choose dual fuel portable generators
There are many factors to consider when choosing a portable generator. One of the most important is whether you want a gasoline, diesel, or dual fuel model. Gasoline models are typically less expensive, but they can be difficult to start in cold weather and they require more maintenance. Diesel models are more expensive, but they’re easier to start and they run a bit longer on a tank of fuel. Dual fuel models offer the best of both worlds, but they’re also the most expensive.
When choosing a portable generator, you should also consider the size of the unit and the features that are important to you. The size of the unit will determine how much power it can generate. If you plan to use the generator for occasional power outages, a smaller unit will suffice. However, if you want to use it as a backup power source for your home, you’ll need a larger unit.
Some of the features that you may want to consider include an automatic shut-off feature, which will shut the generator off if it overheats; a low-oil shutdown feature, which will shut the generator off if the oil level gets too low; and a voltage regulator, which will help to protect your appliances from damage caused by fluctuating power levels.
When choosing a dual fuel portable generator, be sure to read the reviews to get an idea of which models are the best performers. Also, be sure to compare prices to get the best deal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a dual fuel portable generator?
A dual fuel portable generator is a generator that can run on either gasoline or propane.
2. How do dual fuel portable generators work?
Dual fuel portable generators work by using a switch to alternate between the two fuel sources.
3. What are the benefits of using a dual fuel portable generator?
The benefits of using a dual fuel portable generator include the ability to use either gasoline or propane, and the flexibility to use either fuel source depending on the situation.
4. What are the drawbacks of using a dual fuel portable generator?
The drawbacks of using a dual fuel portable generator include the need to keep both fuel sources on hand, and the possibility of the generator running out of one fuel source before the other.
5. How do I choose the right dual fuel portable generator for my needs?
When choosing a dual fuel portable generator, consider the specific needs that you have for the generator. Consider the types of appliances and equipment that you will need to power, the length of time that you will need to use the generator, and the amount of power that you will need.
A dual fuel portable generator is a great choice for those who need a reliable source of power that can be used in a variety of situations. They are perfect for camping, tailgating, or even as a backup power source for your home.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a dual fuel portable generator, such as the size of the unit and the fuel type. The size of the unit will determine how much power it can provide, and the fuel type will determine how long it will run.
When choosing a dual fuel portable generator, make sure to pick one that is the right size for your needs and that uses the fuel type that you are comfortable with.