Storing a Generac Portable Generator
Generac portable generators are a great way to provide power when the regular power goes out. However, it is important to store the generator properly in order to ensure it is safe and in good working order. Here are some tips on how to store a Generac portable generator.
1. Clean the Generator: Before putting your generator away for storage, make sure to clean it thoroughly. Remove any dirt and debris, and wipe down the exterior of the generator with a damp cloth. Make sure to lubricate any moving parts, and check the oil level.
2. Store in a Cool, Dry Place: The optimal storage location for a Generac portable generator is a cool, dry place. Do not store the generator in a damp or wet area, as this could lead to corrosion and other damage.
3. Remove the Battery: If your generator has a battery, make sure to remove it before storing the generator. Batteries can leak over time, and this could damage the generator.
4. Store with a Full Tank of Gas: Make sure to fill the tank of the generator with fresh, clean fuel before storing it. This will help to prevent the fuel from going bad and will also help to keep the engine in good condition.
5. Cover the Generator: A cover for the generator is a good idea to help keep it protected from dust and other debris. If you don’t have a cover for the generator, you can use a tarp or plastic sheeting to cover it.
These are just a few tips on how to store a Generac portable generator. Following these tips will help to keep your generator in good condition and ready to use when the power goes out.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How do I install a Generac portable generator?
Answer: To install a Generac portable generator, you need to make sure it is located in a suitable and safe place, install the fuel supply, connect the exhaust system, connect the generator to your home or business’s electrical system, and run a test cycle.
FAQ 2: How do I maintain a Generac portable generator?
Answer: To maintain a Generac portable generator, you should perform regular oil and filter changes, check the oil level and fuel level, clean the air filter, check the spark plugs, and inspect the battery.
FAQ 3: What type of fuel should I use in my Generac portable generator?
Answer: Generac portable generators typically require unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 87.
FAQ 4: How often do I need to check the fuel level in my Generac portable generator?
Answer: You should check the fuel level in your Generac portable generator once a month to make sure it is at the correct level.
FAQ 5: How do I store a Generac portable generator?
Answer: To store a Generac portable generator, you should drain the fuel tank and carburetor, clean the exterior of the generator, and store it in a dry location away from any combustible materials.