Portable generators are a great way to have power when you need it, whether you’re camping, tailgating, or dealing with a power outage. A portable generator can give you the power you need to keep your lights on, your fridge running, and your phone charged.
There are a lot of different portable generators on the market, and they come in a range of prices and features. If you’re looking for a portable generator, you’ll want to consider what you need it for and how much power you need. You’ll also want to decide if you want a gas-powered generator or one that runs on dual fuel.
Dual fuel generators are a great option because they give you the flexibility to use either gas or propane. Propane is a cheaper, cleaner-burning fuel, so it’s a good choice if you’re looking to save money or be more environmentally friendly. Gas is more readily available, so it’s a good choice if you’re worried about running out of propane.
Whichever fuel you choose, a dual fuel generator is a great option for portable power.
There are a lot of different products on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together a Top 10 list of portable generators dual fuel
List of 10 portable generators dual fuel
- 【UPGRADE QDSP TECHNOLOGY】 With the same battery capacity, our new Quick Discharge Start Power jump starter has 3-5 times enhanced current compare to the old 2nd generation. At the same time, It could balance the temperature by reducing start-up the temperature by disruptive innovation of battery/assembly structure to keep a safe start.
- 【SUPER CAPACITY AND PEAK】: Car jump starter can jump start your vehicle (up to 7.5L gas or 6.5L diesel engine) up to 20 times with 2000-amp of peak current and heavy-duty clamps and cables. Also, our battery starter could start trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, lawnmowers, and yachts up in a few minutes, even in extreme temperatures (-4°F~140°F).
- 【IMPROVED SAFETY TECHNOLOGY】Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Particularly spark-proof, reverse polarity protection, over-current protection, high-temperature protection, over-load protection. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery. The specially designed indicator notifies you of incorrect use with an audible buzz and flashing lights.
- 【PORTABLE EMERGENCY POWER BANK】 Designed with 2 USB outputs (5V/3A)and (5V/2.1A), the quick charge 3.0 USB port can fully charge your cellphones, tablets, and other mobile devices at the fastest speed possible.【LED FLASHLIGHT】The LED work light has 3 modes: Flash Light, Strobe Light, and SOS Light. This multi-purpose flashlight is great for camping, outdoors, indoors, emergencies, travel, etc.
- 【IN THE BOX 】Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, USB Type-C Charging Cable, User manual, Delicate Carrying Case, 15W Adaptor
- DEWALT 20V Battery XR Lithium Ion pack provides up to 60% more capacity than standard 20V MAX battery pack (DCB200)
- 3-LED Fuel Gauge of DEWALT battery allows immediate feedback on state of charge
- No memory and virtually no self-discharge for maximum productivity and less downtime
- Lightweight at 1.4 lbs and compatible with entire line of 20V MAX tools
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
- Keep your family safe with this 2-pack of easy to use, battery operated carbon monoxide alarms; Battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there's a power failure
- Features an advanced electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that accurately detects carbon monoxide levels, no matter where the detector is placed in the room
- A loud 85-decibel alarm sounds when CO levels reach dangerous levels
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- 5-year limited warranty; Equipped with end-of-life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety
- 8-IN-1 MULTI-FUNCTION - AstroAI Lithium jump starter is integrated with 8 functions. It's a car jump starter, portable 18000mAh power bank, compass, LED emergency torch with 4 modes (flashlight, strobe, SOS, red warning), and 12V DC auto accessories powered device. The 8-in-1 multi-function road trip kit is a must for outdoors.
- START FULLY DRAINED BATTERY - Built-in 2000A peak current start the 7.0L gas engine/3.0L diesel engine and any 12V vehicles within 30s. The car battery jump starter will detect vehicles' voltage automatically, when the voltage is less than 9v, the jump starter will beeping intermittently and the screen of the jump starter battery pack will display "PRESS BOOST BUTTON" to enter 30 seconds manual override mode to start your fully drained batteries. BOOST BUTTON only be pressed when fully drained.
- PORTABLE POWER BANK - 18000mAh larger capacity car starter jumper power bank is equipped with 3 output ports (USB 3.0 5V/3A OR 9V/2A, USB 2.0 5V/2.4A, DC 12V10A). The extra USB 3.0 high-speed output port makes charging for your phones, smartwatches, tablets, and other devices easier and faster. The DC 12V10A output port can recharge your car refrigerator, car vacuum cleaner, tire inflators, air compressor etc.(Cigarettes adapter and charging cable are included)
- VISIBLE 2" LCD DISPLAY - Compared with traditional portable jump starters with indicators only, AstroAI visible 2" LCD portable car jump starter clearly displays all the information you need. When you have drained batteries on a road trip, you don't have to guess by the indicators anxiously or wait hours for AAA/someone for help on desolated interstates. Just follow the instructive steps on the LCD display to save yourself clearer and easier!
- ADVANCED PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY - The portable Lithium jump starter car battery cables are constructed with all-metal clamps to prevent breakage caused by long-term use. And it also has 8 protections, including reverse polarity, reverse connection, over current, over voltage, overload, over-charge, over-discharge, short circuit. All the protections make yourself and your loved ones safe.
- Set of 2. Compatible with all appliances with a QCC1 / type1 connection and up 5 lb to 40 lb propane tanks.
- Long lasting high quality material provides secure, air-tight connection between propane tank
- Monitors fuel level without removing the tank. Color coded dial for allowing you to see at a glance when your propane level is low
- This propane tank gas gauge can be worked with propane tank cylinders, propane regulator with hose and propane adapter
- No tools required and easy to install with handheel grip for tightening. Great for using gas grill, heater, smoker, camp stove, lantern, tabletop grill, fire pit table, turkey fryer and more propane appliances
- Filling/Extracting Pump is designed to remove and fill brake fluid, anti-freeze, gear oil, power steering fluid and more.
- The pump includes two a 7-Inch by 1/4-Inch (outer diameter) hose extension for deep reach and small diameter applications, locking cap on end of hose and a 7.5-Inch/19-Centimeter clear hose.
- The hose attaches to quick-connect on the cylinder. Double seals for brake fluid and anti-freeze, assembled on the plunger.
- Heavy-duty construction allows for strength and durability.
- Capacity: 200ML/0.21QT/7OZ.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- DEWALT USB charger is durable enough to withstand job-site abuse
- Charge up to 2 small USB compatible electronic devices on/at the job site off your 12V or 20V MAX* Batteries when AC power is not available
- Allows you to work with all DEWALT slide style battery packs
- Indicates when unit is powered on and ready to charge devices
- Similar to a fuel gauge, it indicates the amount of power remaining in the battery
- START CARS BATTERIES - AVAPOW A27 jump starter is Powerful and safer which can start your car battery. The 2500A peak currents and 22800mAh capacity that perfect for vehicles up to 8.0L Gas/8.0L Diesel engines. This jump starter is Up to 45 jump starts.
- SECURE CLIP DESIGN - This jump starter has a very smart clamp design, and the safe smart jumper cable design has 8 protection functions, if wrong connecting, it will not cause sparks. The beep and flashing light design will notify you if there has a safety issue with the clamp.
- WIRELESS CHARGING STATION DESIGN - This jump starter has wireless charging station design. It is up to 5W/7.5W/10W MAX which can make your life more convenient.
- A VARIETY OF FUNCTIONS - AVAPOW A27 car starter has 2*USB QC3.0(USB1: 5V/3A 9V/2A 12V/1.5A USB2: 5V/2.1A), 1* TYPE-C. This AVAPOW car starter has variety of functions that can be charged for your different devices.
- IP65 WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF DESIGN - AVAPOW Car Battery Starter is designed with a useful and reliable concept. The IP65 waterproof and dust proof design to prevent damage from the internal structure of the product which caused by rain,dust and external shocks.It suits for various complex work scenarios.
What is portable generators dual fuel
Portable generators are dual fuel generators that can run on either gasoline or propane. Gasoline is the most common fuel source, but propane is a popular choice for those who want to be prepared for power outages or who live in areas where gasoline is not readily available.
Propane is a clean-burning fuel that is non-toxic and produces no fumes, making it a safe choice for indoor use. Portable generators that run on propane are also more fuel-efficient than those that run on gasoline, so they will save you money in the long run.
If you are looking for a portable generator that can provide you with reliable power, dual fuel generators are a great option.
How to choose portable generators dual fuel
When you’re looking for a portable generator, one of the key decisions you’ll need to make is whether you want a gas or dual fuel model. Gas generators are less expensive and easier to find, but dual fuel generators offer the flexibility to use either gas or propane, which can be a lifesaver in an emergency.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a portable generators dual fuel:
1. Run time: How long do you need the generator to run? If you have a backup gas tank, you can run a gas generator for longer, but propane has a longer shelf life so it’s a good choice for emergency situations.
2. Fuel availability: In an emergency, you may not be able to find gas. But propane is often available even when gas stations are closed.
3. Cost: Gas is less expensive than propane, so a gas generator will save you money in the short run. But propane generators are often cheaper to operate over the long term.
4. Maintenance: Gas generators require more maintenance than propane generators. You’ll need to change the oil more frequently and be careful not to let the gas tank run dry, which can damage the engine.
5. Weight: Propane is a heavier gas than gas, so a propane generator will be heavier than a gas generator of the same size. This can be important if you need to move the generator around.
6. Sound: Propane generators are often quieter than gas generators. If you need to use the generator in an urban area, this can be an important consideration.
7. Emissions: Propane generators produce fewer emissions than gas generators, which can be important if you’re using the generator in an enclosed space.
8. Storage: Propane is easier to store than gas, so you can keep a propane generator on hand for emergencies without worrying about it going bad.
9. Safety: Propane is a safer fuel to use than gas, so it’s a good choice if you have young children or pets.
10. Environment: Propane is a cleaner burning fuel than gas, so it’s a better choice for the environment.
When choosing a portable generator, gas or dual fuel, keep these considerations in mind to find the best model for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a portable generator and a standby generator?
A portable generator is a generator that can be easily transported and used to provide power in a variety of locations. A standby generator is a generator that is permanently installed and typically used to provide power in the event of a power outage.
2. What are the benefits of using a portable generator?
There are many benefits to using a portable generator, including the ability to provide power in a variety of locations, the ability to use it in an emergency, and the ability to keep it in a storage area when not in use.
3. What are the drawbacks of using a portable generator?
There are a few drawbacks to using a portable generator, including the need to refuel it regularly and the noise it produces. However, these drawbacks are typically outweighed by the benefits of using a portable generator.
4. How do I choose the right portable generator for my needs?
When choosing a portable generator, it is important to consider the specific needs that you will have for it. For example, if you will be using it to power a large appliance, you will need a generator that is powerful enough to handle the load. Additionally, you will want to consider the fuel type that the generator uses, as well as the size and weight of the unit.
5. How do I maintain my portable generator?
To keep your portable generator in good condition, it is important to perform regular maintenance on it. This includes checking the oil level and changing the oil when needed, as well as checking the air filter and spark plugs. Additionally, you will want to run the generator for a few minutes each month to keep it in good working order.
A portable generator is a handy tool to have around, especially if you live in an area where power outages are common. But what if you could have a generator that ran on two different types of fuel? That’s where dual fuel generators come in.
Dual fuel generators are designed to run on either gasoline or propane, giving you the flexibility to use whichever fuel is more readily available or less expensive. And because they’re portable, you can take them with you wherever you go.
So if you’re looking for a generator that can give you the power you need, when you need it, a dual fuel portable generator is the way to go.